Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however, there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads.
Make this fabulous banana bread extra rich and moist.
YIELD: 1-9 x 5 inch loaf pan
15 minutes to assemble
90 minutes to cook
Total time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1-7 oz box almond paste, grated
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4 bananas)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small dry skillet, toast almonds until slightly golden. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat grated almond paste, bananas, sugar, oil, butter and eggs until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to banana mixture with almonds.
- Beat until incorporated and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Loosely tent bread with foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Unmold onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email