One of the most classic and amazing Italian cookies.
YIELD: 30 cookies
30 minutes to assemble
1 hour to chill
14 – 16 minutes to bake
- 1-7 oz box almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large size egg whites, no larger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (5 oz) pine nuts
- Combine grated Almond Paste, granulated and powdered sugars in a bowl.
- Beat on low with electric mixer until texture of small crumbs.
- Add egg whites and vanilla.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the consistency of a smooth paste. Scrape sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add pine nuts to a shallow bowl. Drop batter one teaspoon at a time into nuts.
- With slightly dampened fingertips, quickly lift and flip batter no-nuts side down onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until light golden. Gently slide parchment paper off of pans onto wire racks.
- When cookies are completely cooled, peel gently from parchment. Store cookies in airtight containers between wax paper.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT