Young children adore this dessert.
Cut the bread into fingers to make it easier for them to handle.
Servings 4 to 6
- 2 oz. dark chocolate (semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate)
- 150ml (5 oz.) milk
- 1 med egg
- 4 tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp. rum (optional)
- 8 thick slices white bread
- Butter or oil for shallow frying
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 oz/3 tbsp. castor sugar (granulated or superfine baker’s sugar)
- A little whipped cream, to serve
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a small pan with the milk. Heat gently, stirring until the chocolate melts. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Beat the egg in a large mixing bowl and whisk in the warm chocolate milk.
3. Heat the raspberry jam gently and stir in the rum, if using. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Remove the crusts from the bread; cut into triangles and dip each one into the chocolate mixture. Heat the butter or oil in a skillet and shallow fry the bread triangles for 2-3 minutes until just crispy, turning once.
5. Mix together the cinnamon and castor sugar and sprinkle over the toasts. Serve with jam and whipped cream.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email