If you love eggnog, this is easy and simple recipe!
- 3-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, heat 2-1/2 cups of theheavy cream over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer around the edges of the pan (do not let it boil).
- While the cream is heating, whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Ladle out 1 cup of the warm cream mixture and slowly pour it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Scrape all of the egg mixture into the saucepan. Continue to cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spatula, a few minutes.
- The mixture should register 170 to 175 F on an instant-read digital thermometer. Add spices. Don’t stop stirring.
- Whip the remaining 1 cup of Heavy Cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the eggnog mixture, making sure the whipped cream is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately, topping each serving with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg. Enjoy!
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email