In Italy, traditionally the dinner of Christmas Eve, is dominated of fish dishes.
Especially in the South, the dinner in this day is a ritual. I come from a port city, so fish is the main feature of the meal, from the appetizers to the main courses.
One of classic fish appetizer is shrimp cocktail.
This is a typical holidays’ appetizer. Today’s Christmas recipe is shrimp cocktail indeed.
Shrimp cocktail is my favorite appetizer because as well as being very yummy is also a creative food serving idea!
200 grams of Frozen shrimps
4 tbs of Mayonnaise
1 tbs of Ketchup
Lettuce (some leaves)
- Defrost the shrimps, then boil them for 3-4 minutes in a pot with water. When they are ready, drain them with e colander and let cool them.
- Make cocktail sauce, mixing ketchup and mayo. When shrimps are cold, mix them in the sauce.
- Wash the lettuce under fresh water and dry the leaves with paper towel. Chop the lettuce.
- With round shape pastry cutter, lay the ingredients into layers:
- First layer, chopped lettuce
- Second layer, shrimp cocktail
- Remove the pastry cutter and serve shrimp cocktail cold.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email