The soft ricotta ciambellone is a light dessert, with a delicate and very soft taste.
It is a simple and easy to prepare recipe, ricotta makes it an excellent nutritious and delicious sweet, ideal for breakfast with a nice cup of coffee and milk!
For this recipe, we recommend using ricotta in a tray, as it has a soft and creamy consistency, perfect for preparing desserts.
- 8.81 oz of cow’s ricotta cheese;
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp of granulated sugar;
- 1 cups + ¼ cup of all purpose flour;
- 2 eggs;
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of butter (or 80 ml. of seed oil);
- 1 packet of baking powder (1 teaspoon);
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract;
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 356 F.
- First work the ricotta with the sugar until you get a soft cream, gradually add the softened butter, the eggs, the flour mixed with the baking powder , the lemon rind and the vanilla extract.
- Mix well until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous. Transfer the mixture into a buttered cake pan with the central hole and bake the cake for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven).
- To check the cooking, after the 35 minutes, do the toothpick test to check its consistency.
- Once cold, serve the soft ricotta ciambellone sprinkling it with lots of icing sugar!