A classic recipe from Italian tradition.
Yields 3/4 kg (1 and 1/2 lbs) of cookies.
- 1 lb and 2 ounces (500 grams, this is slightly more than 2 cups) sugar
- 1 lb and 2 ounces (500 grams) almonds
- Fine bread crumbs
- 5 egg whites beaten until stiff
- 5 teaspoons of ground espresso coffee
- Powdered sugar, the kind that doesn’t include starch (optional)
Peel and crush the almonds.
Mix sugar with 3 tablespoons of water, crushed almonds, ground coffee and egg whites.
Grease a rectangular pan and cover with the fine bread crumbs.
Pour mixture into pan and bake at 300° F for about 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Cut in small square pieces, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email