Satisfy your inner Italian with Classic Chicken Marsala, featuring pan-fried chicken in a Marsala reduction sauce.
And get this, it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts , or 2 thick breasts sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons olive oil divided
4 cloves garlic minced
8 ounces mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 cup Marsala Wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken breasts* with salt and pepper. Spread flour out onto a plate or shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts into flour to coat and shake off excess flour. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken breasts and sear on each side until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside while you make sauce. Keep warm.
- In the skillet used to make the chicken, heat another 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and saute until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Pour in marsala wine and chicken broth Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add chicken back to the pan. Spoon some sauce and mushrooms over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Serve chicken warm topped with mushroom marsala sauce.
*This recipe uses four thin chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are large and thick, you can slice them in half lengthwise, turning two large chicken breasts into four.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email