If you want to make a delicious pound cake, this is a recipe for you!!
Makes 18 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10” tube pan or a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking soda. Use a fork or pastry blender (or an electric mixer on lowest speed) to cut butter into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Add about ¼ of the sour cream mixture; mix on low speed to combine, then on medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth. Repeat 3 times with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email