We give a tropical touch to this rich, boozy Italian classic.
Perfect for when the oven is best left off.
PREP: 15 MINUTES
- 270 ml cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (see note)
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways, seeds scraped
- ½ cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 3 cups lukewarm freshly brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup Kahlua or Tia Maria liqueur
- 200 g gluten-free savoiardi biscuits (see note)
- dutch cocoa powder, to dust
1. Open the chilled cans of coconut cream without shaking. Scoop off the hardened cream from the lids and transfer to a mixing bowl.
To separate the rest of the hardened cream from the coconut water, tip the remaining contents into a sieve placed over a bowl so the coconut water drains from the cream (this should leave you with roughly 550 g of coconut cream).
Add the drained coconut cream to the bowl with the rest of the coconut cream, the scraped vanilla bean seeds and icing sugar.
Whisk for 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
2. In a wide deep tray or dish, combine the coffee and liqueur.
Working one at a time, gently dip the savoiardi biscuits into the coffee mixture and arrange them in a single layer in a serving dish about 7,8 X 9,8 inches (I like to use a glass dish for presentation so you can see the layers).
3. Spread half the whipped coconut cream over the biscuit layer.
Repeat the process with another layer of biscuits and cream.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
• Placing the unopened tins in the refrigerator overnight helps firm up the coconut cream. If you like your tiramisu extra creamy, feel free to use an additional can of coconut cream.
• Gluten-free savoiardi are available at select supermarkets and independent grocers.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email