Italian appetizer bread stuffed with salami, cheese and olives makes a perfect warm appetizer for a crowd.
From the courtesy of: https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/18728/italian-appetizer-bread/
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted;
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli salami (Genoa or other type)
- 6 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Poppy seed, if desired
- STEP 1Stir together butter and garlic in bowl. Roll out bread dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch square. Place on lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture.
- STEP 2Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4 1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling.
- STEP 3Cut twelve 3-inch long strips, 1-inch apart, along both sides of filling. Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect. Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal.
- STEP 4Cover; let rise in warm place 30-45 minutes or until almost double in size. Combine egg and water in bowl; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired.
- STEP 5Heat oven to 350°F.
- STEP 6Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes. Cut into slices.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email