A classic Italian recipes from my Grandma’s memories.
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound Sesame seeds
* Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
* Add 1 cup of Shortening, cut in with pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas.
* Stir in two eggs, slightly beaten and 1/4 cup of milk (add 1 tablespoon at a time).
* Mix together thoroughly.
* Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between palms of hands to form rolls about 1-11/2 inch in length. Flatten rolls slightly and roll in 1/4 pound of sesame seeds.
* Place on cookie sheets about 3/4 inches apart.
* Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email