Chicken broth and meatballs make an easy family dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 16 cooked beef meatballs (from 22-oz bag)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rosamarina or orzo pasta
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion, carrot and garlic.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add broth; heat to boiling. Stir in meatballs and pasta; return to boiling.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
Add spinach; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
The orzo in this soup will continue to absorb liquid.
If you have leftovers, just add more chicken broth to your soup.
Purchase shredded carrots to make this even easier.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email