Cannellini beans are white kidney beans that supply plenty of fiber to any cuisine they accompany.
- 15 oz each cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves
In large glass or plastic bowl, carefully mix all ingredients except lettuce.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
Just before serving, spoon onto lettuce, using slotted spoon.
Source and picture:Progresso
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email