From my grandma’s memories, one of the most delicious and amazing recipe.
- ⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- zest and 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup whole milk
- lemon zest curls, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour. Add the sugar, salt and butter. Using a standing mixer, blend ingredients.
- Beat the egg yolks with a fork and add to mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff. Fold into pudding.
- Pour pudding mixture into a buttered soufflé dish. Place dish in a pan of hot water. Water should be about 2 inches deep.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Allow soufflé to rest 30 minutes before serving. It can also be served chilled.