One of the most famous Italian-American recipe from my Grandma’s Memories.
- 4 cups fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c milk
- 4-5 slices of white American cheese,in Italy use Sottilette
- salt to taste
1. Prepare pasta in salted boiling water and remove when rather al dente.
2. In the meantime, in a pot big enough to hold all the pasta, melt butter and then stir in milk and cheese torn into pieces on low heat.
3. Drain pasta and add to milk mixture, stirring well to coat.
4. At this point, adjust for all the ingredients and salt.
5. It is ready when the cheese has melted completely.
6. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for three to five minutes before serving.
If you want, add ground pepper.