My Grandma served this as side dish for meats,with picnic lunch with salad,or served cold the next day.
Potato Pie always reminds me of how happy she was just to be cooking for her large family.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes already seasoned and buttered(use leftover potatoes if you have them)
- 3 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium grated mozzarella
- 4 strips crispy bacon cut into small pieces
- 2T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta
- 1/4t salt
- 1/4t pepper
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In large bowl mix mashed potatoes, ricotta,slightly beaten eggs.
- Add Parmesan,mozzarella,parsley,bacon,salt and pepper.
- Place in 10 inch spring form pan that you grease and flour.
- Place all ingredients in pan, sprinkle grated Parmesan and pepper on top. Place in oven on a cookie sheet. Bake 1 1/2 hours. Let stand 2 hours. Cut as pie.