This is Calabrian version of famous Italian Meatballs recipe……YUMMY!!!
- 1 lb of Pork, veal and beef
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or minced fine
- 1 or 2 eggs …..mixed into meat
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs (Italian bread)mixed in blender
- 1 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 or 2 tbs of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbs of Italian parsley chopped up
- 6 tbs of tomato sauce (homemade)
- MIX all ingredients together and make into large to med sized shape of balls.
- Get the olive oil and heat in large frying pan.
- Place garlic in first a clove or two to get some extra flavor!
- Cook the meatballs for as long time as it take to cook them fully or properly. (approx 20 mins); turning at times;so they don’t burn.
- Add sauce and let simmer for few hrs….2 to 3 hrs. ;then cook favorite pasta!! Enjoy!!