An authentic Italian recipe from our kitchen to yours.
– 2 chicken breast fillets (1 whole chicken breast cut in half)
– 3 cloves fresh garlic
– Peel of 1/4 lemon
– 1 medium sprig fresh rosemary
– Extra virgin olive oil
– White wine
– 1 medium red bell pepper
– 1 medium green bell pepper
– 2 medium zucchini
– 1/2 medium onion
1. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon peel, rosemary, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine, 2 tablespoons fresh water and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Add the cubes to the garlic mixture and mix well. Cover, place in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Clean the bell peppers and cut them into 1 1/2 inch squares to match the size of the chicken cubes (so that they will cook evenly) and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Clean the zucchini and cut into 1 inch thick slices and place in the mixing bowl with the peppers.
5. Peel the onion and using the larger outer rings cut the onion into 1 1/2 inch squares and place in the mixing bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
6. To the vegetables, add a pinch of salt, a generous drizzle of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of white wine or fresh water. Mix the vegetables thoroughly to coat them well.
7. Prepare the skewers, arranging the chicken cubes and vegetables on each skewer to your liking.
8. Preheat the grill or oven. If using an oven, preheat it to 425 degrees.
9. Once the grill is ready, place the skewers on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are nicely roasted on all sides, approximately 20 – 30 minutes. They should be flipped at least once during cooking to ensure even grilling.
10. If using an oven, place the skewers on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover the pan with foil and cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, check the skewers. If they have begun to roast, flip them, re-cover the pan and cook for another 15 minutes. When the skewers have cooked thoroughly, remove the foil and turn the broiler on your oven to high. Broil the skewers on both sides until the vegetables roast to your liking.
11. Remove the skewers from the grill or oven, plate and serve with a drizzle of olive oil or our Herb Oil recipe.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!