If you like Italian baked pasta, this is delicious recipe for you!!!
SERVES: 4 to 6
- 8 oz Rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (24 oz.) pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook meat until brown on all sides; drain. Remove from pan; slice into thin pieces. Return meat to pan; add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender (do not burn garlic); drain.
3. Stir in hot cooked pasta and ricotta cheese; blend well.
4. Pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of 3-quart casserole. Spread 1/3 pasta mixture over sauce; cover with about 3/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over sauce.
5. Repeat layers of pasta mixture, sauce and cheeses twice, ending with Parmesan cheese; cover.
6. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.