One of the most famous and fantastic Italian recipe from Abruzzo.
- ⅝ lb crustless white bread, stale
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 5 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 7 oz grated Pecorino cheese
- tomato sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix the inside of the loaf, the Pecorino cheese and the eggs.
Complete the mixture by adding the garlic and parsley and form some cheese balls to be fried in hot olive oil.
The “polpettine” (cheese balls) can served like this, or dressed with a tomato sauce, in which case they should be cooked for a further fifteen minutes or so.
Source: Academia Barilla