Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian dish—but did you know it’s easy to make even if you’re not comfortable in the kitchen?
Just simmer olive oil, butter, wine, and spices together, add shrimp, and serve it with pasta or fresh bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove of garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (1-pound) package linguine (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, salt, red pepper flakes and crushed red pepper, and bring it to a simmer. Let the wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, about 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve with crusty bread or on top of cooked pasta.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email