All you need is garlic, cream, a selection of your favourite cheese (Italian is the best) and vegetable stock, then pour generously over pasta and you’re onto a cheesy winner.
- 12 oz. spaghetti or rigatoni pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup of heavy cream
- 10 tbsp of Italian cheese mix (Parmigiano, Pecorino and Provolone, or a blue cheese if you’d prefer)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley (to serve)
1. Put the pasta on to boil in a pan of salted water.
2. In a separate pan, heat the garlic, then add the cream, vegetable stock and a little of the spaghetti water.
3. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan of cream and garlic and toss until all of the pasta is generously covered. Add a little more of the pasta water if needed.
4. Take off the heat and throw in your Italian cheeses.
5. Season to taste and garnish with fresh, chopped parsley leaves. Serve up immediately, with a little more grated Parmesan if you’re feeling extra-naughty!
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email