This simply delicious Mozzarella Sandwich is a refreshing lunchtime sandwich that blends the flavors of garlic, basil, olive oil, cheese and black olives.
This is just a suggested sandwich.
Of course you can add anything you like. Just make sure you use fresh mozzarella di bufala.
Sometimes I will add a few roasted red peppers and some prosciutto to this sandwich for a little added flavor.
For this Mozzarella Sandwich I rubbed some olive oil and garlic over the bread and toasted it before piling on the mozzarella.
This sandwich is great for a light lunch or afternoon snack. Enjoy!
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 4 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 medium slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 10 pitted black olives
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Drizzle the oil over the bread and rub with garlic.
- In a large skillet, place the bread face down and lightly toast until the bread is a light golden brown.
- Layer the mozzarella over the bread.
- Mix the lettuce and basil together.
- Place the lettuce mixture on the mozzarella.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper
Makes 2 sandwiches
Source and picture: GreatChicago
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email