Simple and delicious, this 20 minute meal is the perfect go-to recipe for a busy weeknight.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz Penne Rigate
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add garlic. Cook 1 minute; do not brown.
3. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice.
Add diced tomatoes with 1/4 cup reserved juice, basil, salt and pepper; heat to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until most liquid is reduced.
4. Add cream; heat through on low heat 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Toss hot pasta and sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email