A simple and soft Limoncello Cake, the perfect Italian dessert for your table!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 egg yolk*
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn oil)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Limoncello*
- zest 1 lemon*
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 9 inch (23 cm) bundt pan or 8 inch (20 cm) cake pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat until stiff peaks appear the 3 egg whites.
- In a large bowl beat the 4 yolks and sugar until light and creamy (about 3-5 minutes). Then add the vegetable oil, limoncello and zest, beat until smooth.
- Stir the flour mixture into the yolk mixture and combine, then gently fold in the egg whites until combined. Spoon into prepared cake pan. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before dusting with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!