Braised pork chop is a simple dish that can be served on a nice bed of fried polenta or on top of creamy risotto.
If you have the homemade wine please use it. If not, a great bottle of Barolo or Amarone will work perfectly.
Savor this one. You’ll be frequently including it in your family gatherings.
- 4 pork chops on the bone
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 onion slice thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of button mushrooms
- 1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chops in flour.
- Add garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes then remove from oil
- Fry chops on both sides in oil until browned.
- Add onions, sweet peppers and mushrooms for about 10 minutes.
- Add diced undrained tomatoes and oregano and cover and let simmer for about an hour until nice and tender.
While the chops are cooking prepare polenta.
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups of instant polenta
- 2 tbls. of butter
- 2 tbls. of olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil and add polenta slowly.
- Cook polenta while whisking constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter, salt and pepper.
- Pour polenta in a greased baking dish and refrigerate until cool.
- Cut polenta into 3 inch squares.
- Fry polenta in olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Place two squares on a dish and sprinkle with cheese.
Add chops and tomato mixture and eat the whole thing.