A happy blending of herbs and cheeses together with the egg-vermicelli combination ensures this frittata is satisfying and also colourful with strips of roasted red peppers throughout.
Save a bit of fresh basil for a garnish.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked vermicelli, cooled and cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) Parmesan and Romano cheese blend (divided)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted red peppers, well-drained and cut into strips
Whisk eggs, water, basil, parsley and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in vermicelli and 1/3 cup (75 mL) cheese; set aside.
Spray 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in peppers.
Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture sets around edge of skillet, with spatula, gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Place skillet under preheated broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese, or cover skillet with lid and cook another minute on stovetop.
Loosen frittata around edge of skillet, then slide frittata onto plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.