This was Mom’s recipe that my wife now makes on a regular basis.
They’re light and flaky and they melt in your mouth.
Walnuts are delicious in all kinds of cookie and cake recipes.
Though walnuts are grown all over Italy, the best walnuts are grown in Sorrento.
They are excellent in a variety of dishes including salads.
Walnut oil makes perfect salad dressings every time.
This recipe will make approximately six dozen Walnut Cookies.
Just dust them with powdered sugar and enjoy.
- 1 pound of butter, softened
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tsps of vanilla
- 2 Tbls of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 8 to 12oz of chopped walnuts
- Extra powdered sugar for dusting.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together the butter, flour, powdered sugar, vanilla, water and salt in a large mixing bowl
- Mix together until the mixture forms a doughy consistency. If the dough if too sticky to handle just add a little more flour.
- Add the walnuts.
- Pinch the dough and roll it in long shape about the size of you finger.
- Curve into a crescent shape and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before dusting them with powdered sugar.
Makes approximately 6 dozen cookie