In Italy there is no sandwich with meatballs.
From the encounter between Italian and American culture, here is a real treat for your palate !!
– 1 recipe of our Meatballs in Tomato Sauce or your favorite meatball brand
– 2 footlong baguettes cut in half and sliced open
– 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
– 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the baguettes, cut side up, on the baking sheet. Once the oven is preheated, place the baking sheet on the center rack in the oven to toast the bread for about 3 minutes.
3. While the bread is toasting, if you are using premade meatballs and/or sauce that have been chilled, reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop until they are hot.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!