This Italian Chocolate Mousse recipe will satisfy any craving you might have for chocolate.
It’s a mouth watering dessert that is rich, rich, rich.
The special blend of rum, chocolate and espresso will make you come back for more.
Any chocolate dessert or chocolate in general has always been a favorite of mine, but the flavor of this dessert stands out compared to regular mousse.
It’s taste is intense and delicious.
This Italian Chocolate Mousse recipe is great for the holiday or that occasion where you just need chocolate.
Serves 6 to 8
- 8oz of dark unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of espresso
- 1 Tbsp of dark rum
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- First melt the chocolate in a double boiler or a metal mixing bowl over boiling water.
- Remove the bowl and let it cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, using an hand mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture is a pale yellow color.
- Mix the yolk mixture into the chocolate. Make sure to chocolate is not too hot or the eggs will cook.
- Blend in the rum and espresso
- In a separate metal bowl, beat the whipping cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture with a spatula.
- In another metal bowl, mix the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Again using a spatula blend the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Place in serving cups and chill in the refrigerator.
Serve with whipped cream and extra bits of chocolate