- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trim the ends from zucchini. Coarsely grate the zucchini.
- Place in a colander and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in self-raising flour, Parmigiano, shallots, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop three portions of zucchini mixture into pan.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining olive oil and remaining zucchini mixture.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!