The flavor of fresh strawberries and raspberries are heightened by the addition of Almond Paste.
It’s ‘berry’ fresh tasting!
- 1 7oz box Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray a 9 inch springform pan.
Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), butter and sugar to mixing bowl. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Mix in liqueur or vanilla.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into almond mixture. Beat until just incorporated. Spoon batter into pan, smoothing top. Arrange strawberries in concentric circles and place raspberries between strawberries.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Place pan on wire rack and cool. Run a thin knife around inside edge and unmold. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!