It’s nice, simple cake to celebrate Spring, a moist and dense cake, almost a light version of a cheesecake.
Serves: 6-8 slices
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup organic strawberries, hulled and quartered, divided use
- confectioner’s sugar (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, mix together the eggs, ricotta, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth. Fold into dry ingredients until just blended.
- Add the melted butter, stir, then gently fold in ¾ cup of the berries.
- Pour batter into cake pan and scatter remaining berries on top.
- Bake until golden brown and when a tester comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool on pan 20 minutes before turning out on a plate. Garnish with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!