A fantastic and classic dish from the South of Italy.
MAKES ENOUGH TO SERVE WITH 1 1/2 TO 2 POUNDS PASTA
This sauce is excellent served with orecchiette.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 10 anchovies, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Cook the broccoli rabe uncovered in 4 cups of salted, boiling, water for 5 minutes.
Drain well in a colander.
Coarsely chop the broccoli and set aside.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil.
Sauté the garlic, anchovies.
Add the olives, simmer five minutes.
Add broccoli rape, hot red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
Set aside and keep warm while the pasta cooks.
Combine with cooked, drained orecchiette or other chunky pasta.