One of the most famous and delicious Italian dish.
For the meatballs:
- 17.64 oz of ground beef;
- 2 eggs;
- 3.52 oz of breadcrumbs;
- 3.52 oz of grated Pecorino Romano cheese;
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 onion;
- 100 ml. extra virgin olive oil;
- 3 bottle of tomato sauce;
- 28 oz of can tomatoes;
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine;
- 17.64 oz of beef, cut into pieces
- 43 oz of pasta (penne or rigatoni);
- 17.64 oz of mozzarella cheese;
- 7 oz of mortadella slices;
- 7 oz of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Mix the ground beef with the eggs, breadcrumbs, pecorino cheese, salt.
Shape into small meatballs and quickly fry in hot oil.
Make the sauce.
Sautée the onion and the beef in olive oil.
Add the white wine. Let evaporate.
Add the tomatoes, the tomato sauce, salt and 2 glasses of water.
Let cook for 3 hours.
Cook pasta in boiled salted water for half of the cooking time.
In a big bowl mix the pasta with a ladle of the sauce and pecorino cheese.
In a baking dish put some sauce, make alternating layers of pasta, sauce, mozzarella, mortadella, the remaining cheese, meatballs.
Bake for 60 minutes at 390 F.
Turn on the grill the last 15 minutes.