Pasta e fagioli, pasta fazool or however you want to pronounce it it still means love. I can’t begin to tell you how much I enjoy this great Italian soup.
Serve with a nice Chianti and a loaf of fresh Italian bread and your ready to begin a great relationship.
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 4 to 6 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 15oz cans of cannellini beans
- 2 150z cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 box of elbow or ditalini pasta
- Saute onions and garlic in a pot.
- Add the broth, wine and tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add beans and reduce heat and let simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add pasta for around ten minutes until done.
- Cover and remove from heat and let it thicken up for around 30 minutes.
Serve with that wine and bread or nice toasted garlic bread.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email