An Italian classic.
One of the most famous and easy Italian dish!
- 16 oz Penne rigate
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomato purée
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- coarse salt, optional
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (If you want spicy version)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2. Add olive oil to a large pan, sauté shallots and garlic over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes; or, until shallots are translucent (do not burn garlic).
3. Add vodka, stir, and allow to reduce 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato puree and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
5. Add cooked pasta to sauce over low heat, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
6. Remove from heat. If desired, add more salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email