A delicious recipe from Sicily.
A special idea for your Christmas Table.
- 1 lb flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 oz of active dry yeast diluted in 4 cups of warm water (slightly warmer than lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- ¾ cup raisins
- Canola oil for frying
- 1. After soaking the raisins in warm water for a few minutes, Place in a colander to drain.
- 2. Coat the raisins with a little flour and keep on the side.
- 3. Dissolve and blend well in the water, the yeast, sugar and salt: wait 10 minutes to check if the yeast is active and healthy. If it foams the yeast is active.
- 4. Add the flour and mix until soft dough is obtained. If mixture is too wet add a small amount of flour, a little at the time; it should be smooth, without lumps and of a thicker consistency than a batter for frying.
- 5. Mix in the raisins and cover; set aside in a warm place until it almost doubles its size, 1 to 2 hours.
- 6. Deep fry at 375 degrees, dropping the mixture a few spoons at the time, without crowding the fryer. To deposit the fritters in the oil use the help of another spoon. Deep fry the fritters until golden. Transfer to drain in a dish covered with paper towels.
- 7. Serve hot or cold, sprinkled with sugar mixed with cinnamon.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email