Olives, fresh tomato, anchovies and capers give this quick and simple dish its intense and unforgettable flavor.
- 1 ¼ lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 desalted anchovies, pounded in a mortar with a pestle
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 7 oz black olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ lb tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Place a large sauce pan on the heat and melt the butter and olive oil.
Then add the thinly sliced garlic and pounded anchovies.
When the garlic begins to turn golden and the anchovies have dissolved, add the olives, capers and tomatoes.
Cook over high heat for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
In the meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
Then drain and transfer the pasta to a serving bowl.
Toss with the sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email