Simple flavours – onion and smoked cheese – that combine perfectly for a dish that complements practically all main courses.
- 10 medium onions
- 2 oz scamorza affumicata (or another smoked cheese)
- 2 oz fontina (or another melty cheese such as Gruyère)
- Peel and boil the onions until tender but not mushy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Leave to cool. Halve the onions and remove the inner third of the flesh.
- Finely mince the onion centres with the cheese, adding salt and pepper.
- Use this mixture to fill the holes in the onions and to cover them.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and a little olive oil.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until browned on top.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!