A classic white pizza is the perfect cheesy, oily, and garlic-y pizza for any day of the week!
Serves: 2 to 4
- 1 Recipe Pizza Dough
- 1 tb Fresh basil ; chopped, OR 1/2 tb Dried basil
- 1 tb Dried Oregano
- 6 lg cloves Garlic ; minced
- 1/2 ts Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 c mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz) ; Shredded
- 16 slices fontina cheese (about 8 oz)
- 1/4 c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pn Oregano
1. In a small mixing bowl combine basil, oregano, garlic, olive oil, and pepper. Mix together well and allow to stand for flavors to blend.
2. Preheat oven to 500F. Prepare pizza dough and form circular crust on a baking stone, as for normal pizza, except form a higher outside edge on crust.
3. Spread oil, garlic and herb mixture evenly over pizza crust. Then layer mozzarella cheese evenly over crust and finally top with fontina cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan over top. Dust lightly with pinch of oregano.
4. Bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown around edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email