Turdilli are little sweets made with honey and jam.
According to the traditional recipe Turdilli must be fried, but there is an alternative baked Turdilli recipe that is quite popular in some areas of region.
How to make Turdilli? Let’s see to make Turdilli in few simple steps!
- 11,29 oz Flour
- 1,7 oz Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ Cup extra virgin oil
- 1 Egg
- 7 oz Honey
- 3,5 oz Apricot jam
- Oil to fry
- ½ Baking powder teaspoon
- Pour oil and egg in a bowl and mix.
- Meanwhile add flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the bowl’s content until getting a homogeneous dough.
- Devide the dough into thin loaves and then into smaller pieces with the typical Turdilli shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Turdilli.
- Warm honey and jam in different pots over low heat.
- Pour part of the Turdilli into the honey and part into the jam.
- Cover with sprinkles.
Your Italian Christmas dessert is ready. Enjoy!
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe to Blog via Email