This is a recipe created by famous Italian actress Sofia Loren.
It is a personal variation of pesto pasta and is very delicious!!!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 and 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1/3 cup brine-cured green olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb vermicelli or spaghetti
With a food processor running, drop in garlic and finely chop.
Stop motor and add parsley, onion, anchovies, olives, capers, salt, and pepper, then process until finely chopped.
With motor running, add 1/2 cup olive oil, blending until incorporated.
Cook pasta in a 6 to 8-quart pot of boiling until ‘al dente’.
Drain well in a colander, then return to pot and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl, then pour sauce over top and toss well.
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email