Bursting with volcano-shaped pasta, vibrant produce, and a suggestive dash of Calabrian chili peppers, this pasta “salad” is the perfect addition to your summer festivities.
Vesuvio Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 kilogram vesuvio pasta
- 2 medium sized sweet red bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium sized sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 loosely-packed cups fresh arugula
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 1/4 pounds Asiago Fresco cheese, cubed
- 1 jar artichoke spread
- 6 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Calabrian crushed chili flakes
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
Boil the pasta in generously salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente.
Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, in a stainless steel bowl, mix the artichoke spread with olive oil, lemon juice, crushed chili, and salt.
Toss in the peppers, arugula, tomatoes, and cheese.
Add the pasta to the sauce.
Toss and stir, thinning with pasta water as needed.
Garnish with basil or parsley, and enjoy!
Join my Page and Discover the Italy:
Subscribe and receive new recipes on your email!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email